To lead, advocate and collaborate with others to insure the wellbeing of children, ages birth to five
Communities where children, ages birth to five, reach their health, developmental, and educational potential and grow to be thriving adults
In 1997, planning funds were awarded for the Partnership for Lincoln and Gaston Counties, by the North Carolina Partnership for Children (NCPC.) PFCLG uses its Smart Start funding in support of a wide range of early childhood initiatives, that include:
- Increasing the quality of child care at local child care centers.
- Helping local teachers of young children further their educations.
- Helping families find quality child care.
- Helping families obtain child care subsidies when they could not afford to purchase these services.
- Providing one-on-one coaching for troubled families and adolescent mothers.